Location: New York City
IAB’s Director, Video Center of Excellence identifies key challenges to and opportunities for growth facing interactive advertising in the areas of Digital Video and AdvancedTV. The Director will work with industry leaders to define obstacles and implement solutions that can take the forms of research, technical standards, new ad formats, industry primers, best practices, and thought leadership events.
He or she oversees member-driven meetings with IAB Committees, Task Forces, and Working Groups in order to address these issues, and the Director serves in a leadership and project-management capacity to help IAB achieve its video-related goals. The Director is a key component as IAB establishes thought leadership and enables advertising growth in the screen agnostic world of digital video. The Director supports the SVP, Mobile & Video with the Video Board of Directors and works closely with the other Director, Video to move initiatives forward.
The Director will be working in a pivotal and high-profile area of IAB with responsibilities for working across the interactive media industry and its extended ecosystem of publishers, ad technology companies, agencies and advertisers to improve advertising revenue opportunities, share best practices, and discuss the many other issues that contribute to healthy growth for interactive media companies.
- Support SVP, Mobile and Video with speaking/presentations and other external thought leadership as well as board meeting preparations and follow-up.
- Manage IAB’s video-related committees, including setting agendas and running committee meetings, balancing diverse interests and views, developing short-term and long-term project plans, keeping projects on track, and implementing communications and adoption strategies.
- Develop market-making white papers, best practices, thought pieces, and research on timely issues facing the industry.
- Execute and support Events to promote Committee & Council output and activity.
- Manage the planning and execution of the Digital Content NewFronts.
- Establish standards and guidelines and identify best practices for various interactive media.
- Work with other IAB departments to develop industry support and adoption for standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Collaborate with other Director, Video, IAB members, and IAB staff to deliver on IAB’s mission to promote the growth of interactive advertising through advocacy and evangelism.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in digital advertising or media management and/or management consulting, research, or business development.
- Experience in the Digital Video/AdvancedTV industry.
- Expert knowledge of the media and advertising industries, including their practices and processes. Expertise in specific technology platforms and digital segments such as social media, mobile, digital video, digital audio, search, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to deal with both the big picture and details.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to convene and manage large group meetings.
- Public speaking experience.
- Superior project management and prioritization skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit an application to IAB’s application system. You must upload a resume and cover letter to be considered.
IAB empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy through research, standards setting, education, conferences, public policy, and more. Join us as we help make this quickly growing and important industry even better. Employees receive:
• Competitive pay and bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package with 75-100% of premiums paid by IAB
• 401(k) plan with 5% match fully vested in one year
• Opportunities to make an industry-wide impact
• IAB is an equal employment opportunity employer in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
• This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check.