Location: New York City or San Francisco
The Software Engineer at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) Technology Lab is responsible for developing and maintaining new or improved software products, procedures, and techniques for specifications and protocols needed by the digital advertising supply chain.
– Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle.
– Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
– Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
– Prepare and produce releases of software components.
– Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
– Utilize knowledge of SDLC including skills in frameworks such as Scrum/Agile, environments such as Eclipse, and usage of tools such as Maven, SVN, CVS, or JIRA.
– Assist with development and design of GUI components as needed.
– Employ problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to achieve project objectives within a team environment.
– BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
– Strong Java background with front-end development experience.
– Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
– Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC).
– Familiarity with Object-oriented scripting languages (Java, etc.) and Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
– Knowledge of data modeling and manipulation.
– Experience with GUI components, User Interface Development and Design, and/or functional specifications is desired.
– Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc).
– Familiarity with Web Services (REST, SOAP).
– Experience with test-driven development.
– Knowledge of mobile platforms development (iOS/Android).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Able to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit an application to IAB’s application system. You must upload a resume to be considered.
IAB empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy through research, standards setting, education, conferences, public policy, and more. Join us as we help make this quickly growing and important industry even better.
– Competitive pay and bonuses
– Comprehensive benefits package with 75-100% of premiums paid by IAB
– 401(k) plan with 5% match upon eligibility
– Opportunities to make an industry-wide impact
– IAB is an equal employment opportunity employer in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
– This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check.