The IAB Tech Lab stewards technical specifications for the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework. The specifications will be maintained by a working group of the IAB Tech Lab going forward, in a collaboration between IAB Europe and IAB Tech Lab that leverages IAB Europe’s policy and legal expertise and IAB Tech Lab’s technical expertise.
As of August 21, 2019, The IAB Tech Lab and IAB Europe are encouraging industry adoption of the Transparency and Consent Framework version 2.
Version 2 technical specifications include;
- Consent Management Platform API v 2.0
- Version 2 CMP API spec sees major enhancements and efficiencies, also now explicitly includes mobile CMP support
- Transparency and Consent String with Global Vendor List Format v 2.0
- Version 2 expands the consent string to now include ‘transparency’ features including publisher controls and additional flexibility for vendors
- Including v1.1 technical specifications
- And now, v2
More information about the IAB Europe news surrounding the Transparency and Consent Framework can be found at iabeurope.eu/tcf.
- Transparency and Consent Framework Mobile App Spec Ready for Adoption
- Understanding the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- OpenRTB GDPR Advisory
- Official text of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Official Journal of the European Union
- IAB Europe: Advertising Consent
- IAB Europe GDPR Compliance Primer
- IAB Europe on Data Protection
- IAB UK GDPR Checklist
- IAB UK GDPR Q&A