The IAB Tech Lab stewards technical specifications for the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework. The specifications will be maintained by a working group of the IAB Tech Lab going forward, in a collaboration between IAB Europe and IAB Tech Lab that leverages IAB Europe’s policy and legal expertise and IAB Tech Lab’s technical expertise.
As of May 16, 2023, the IAB Tech Lab and IAB Europe are encouraging industry adoption of the Transparency and Consent Framework version 2.2.
Version 2.2 of the technical specifications include;
- Consent Management Platform API v 2.1
- Version 2.1 includes the deprecation of the getTCData command
- Transparency and Consent String with Global Vendor List Format v 3.0
- Version 3 of the GVL includes several new fields as well as edits to some fields
- Includes v1.1 of the technical specifications
- Includes v2.2 of the technical specifications
More information about the IAB Europe news surrounding the Transparency and Consent Framework can be found at iabeurope.eu/tcf.
- Transparency and Consent Framework Mobile App Spec Ready for Adoption
- Understanding the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- OpenRTB GDPR Advisory
- Official text of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Official Journal of the European Union
- IAB Europe: Advertising Consent
- IAB Europe GDPR Compliance Primer
- IAB Europe on Data Protection
- IAB UK GDPR Checklist
- IAB UK GDPR Q&A