IAB Europe and IAB Tech Lab have released the technical specifications for the GDPR Transparency & Consent Framework. The specifications will be maintained by a working group of the IAB Tech Lab going forward, in a collaboration between IAB Europe and IAB Tech Lab that leverages IAB Europe’s policy and legal expertise and IAB Tech Lab’s technical expertise.
- GDPR Transparency & Consent Framework – Consent Manager Provider JS API v1.0
- GDPR Transparency & Consent Framework – Cookie and Vendor List Format v1.0a
Also released is mobile in-app support for the GDPR Transparency & Consent Framework as a final version ready for widespread industry adoption. No significant changes were made in the process of finalization. Tech Lab’s GDPR Mobile Subgroup reviewed the specifications and public comments, considering their own implementation strategies in applying the Framework for in-app.
The following draft is in public comment for 30 days until June 1, 2018 – however you are invited to adopt the pubvendors.json technology as a beta implementation, even before the specifications are finalized. Pubvendors.json provides granular controls to publishers, allowing them to whitelist vendors, addressing publisher liability concerns, and the ability for publishers to express if they support a vendor using Legitimate Interest as a legal basis. Please submit your general feedback on these draft specifications to email@example.com and any technical feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transparency and Consent Framework Mobile App Spec Ready for Adoption
- Understanding the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- OpenRTB GDPR Advisory
- Official text of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Official Journal of the European Union
- IAB Europe: Advertising Consent
- IAB Europe GDPR Compliance Primer
- IAB Europe on Data Protection
- IAB UK GDPR Checklist
- IAB UK GDPR Q&A