Improving Brand Safety And Reducing Ad Fraud
Critical to today’s leading brands and publishers:
- Ad fraud costs companies billions of dollars annually. eMarketer estimates in 2019 that $42 billion in ad spend was lost to
ad fraud worldwide, up 20% from 2018.
- A lack of transparency around supply sources and fraudulent behavior have caused a loss of ad revenue for publishers and
wasted advertising dollars for brands.
- Brand owners and others should play active roles in fighting fraud to help brands maintain control and safeguard their
- Global standards and industry-wide adoption will help protect brands, and ensure that their ads display where intended,
next to the right content in a brand-safe environment.
Standards, Specifications & Guidelines
- Ad Blocking
- ads.txt, and app-ads.txt for Anti-Fraud
- Content Taxonomy
- Supply Chain Object
- Programmatic Supply Chain Working Group
- Programmatic Supply Chain Commit Group
- Taxonomy & Mapping Working Group