Open Measurement SDK
The Open Measurement Software Development Kit (OM SDK) is designed to facilitate third party viewability and verification measurement for ads served to web video and mobile app environments.
The IAB Open Measurement SDK (OM SDK) offers common code and libraries for facilitating third-party access to measurement data. Sites and apps that integrate the OM SDK can send measurement signals to an API, the Open Measurement Interface Definition (OMID). Measurement providers can place tags that collect these signals.
OM WEB VIDEO SDK IS HERE!
We’re pleased to announce the release of OM Web Video SDK in December 2020. Below are the integration resources to get started on this new platform.
Quick Start Guide for Publishers: an overview of publisher specific implementation steps
Onboarding Guide for Integrators: a detailed guide for integrators
Web Capabilities and Limitations: a brief overview of OM Web Video SDK, how it works, and its capabilities and limitations
Getting Started with OM Web Video Webinar Recording: an overview of integration details, including reference app integration example, compliance details and new access modes overview.
Getting started with OM IN-APP SDK
What is New in OM SDK 1.3: an overview of the updates added to OM SDK in version 1.3
Migrating to OM SDK 1.3: a detailed guide for making a smooth transition from OM SDK 1.2 to version 1.3
Capabilities and Limitations: a brief overview of OM SDK, how it works, and its capabilities and limitations
Quick Start Guide for Integration Partners: an overview of the four phases of integration and compliance
1.3 Release Webinar Recording: a detailed video presentation of 1.3 features and integration steps
IAB Tech Lab offers compliance service to validate the successful integration of OM SDK. Compliance certification verifies that your OM SDK implementation works with measurement providers.
- Compliance Guide: details on the process for achieving OM SDK compliance with IAB Tech Lab
- Compliance Test Cases: detailed test cases for each OM SDK version and platform
- Domain Access Validation Guide: as a publisher, you may elect for Domain Access Mode in your OM Web Video integration. This guide helps publishers understand the voluntary validation process to compliment this selection.
- Compliance API: IAB Tech Lab has developed the Compliance API to provide real time data on certified integration partners and details about the compliance achieved. The compliance API end points are:
- Compliance API (latest): To access a list of all certified integration partners and their latest compliance data, use the API at https://complianceomsdkapi.iabtechlab.com/compliance/latest
- Compliance API (all data): To access a list of all certified integration partners and full history of their compliance data, use the API at https://complianceomsdkapi.iabtechlab.com/compliance
- Domain Access Validation API (latest): To access a list of all validated domains using Domain Access Mode and their latest compliance data, use the API at https://transparencycenter.iabtechlab.com/compliance/omsdk/domainaccessvalidation
The following documentation is available for developers who are implementing OM SDK.
- In-App Onboarding Guide: a guide for integration partners (app developers, ad SDK providers)
- Current OMID 1.3 API docs:
- OMID API downloadable documents
- Implementation Guide for web browsers for OMID 1.2: details for implementing OM SDK to operate as designed and meet compliance. Note: The new OM Web Video SDK is not backward compatible with this. If you have developed your own SDK for web, we encourage you to migrate to OM Web Video SDK
- Integration Guide – iOS: integration details for the latest version of iOS OM SDK
- Integration Guide – Android: integration details for the latest version of Android OM SDK
- Integration Guide – OM Web Video: Integration details for the latest version of OM Web Video SDK
- 3rd Party OMID Developer Guidance: Outlines guidance for 3rd party SDK developers seeking certification or accreditation
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions about OM SDK integration, testing, compliance and more
Campaign Execution Guidance
Measurement Provider onboarding guide: an overview of how to enable measurement providers after integration
OpenRTB Advisory: details on how to indicate OM SDK capability in programmatic buying and selling with OpenRTB
Fast Tracking OM SDK Compliance (Blog post)
Open Measurement for Web Video Arrives (Blog post)
Open Measurement SDK: Show and Tell Webinar (Webinar Recording)
Open Measurement SDK for Web Video Integration – Getting Started Webinars (Webinar Recording)